Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The start of a new vegan journey

So for about the past 8 months I have cut most of my meat and dairy down to a minimum so after watching Forks over Knives I decided to switch to vegan. Over the past couple of days I have faltered a little but today I am going to try a hit it hard core. I had a fruit smoothie with bananas, orange juice and blueberry juice. It was excellent. I am also trying to stick to a more regimented exercise program that includes yoga and chi gong. This morning I did my normal yoga exercises of mountain, tree, warrior, snake, chupacabra (I don't remember how to spell that one and I am feeling to lazy today), plank, some other modified poses and corpse. After I finished I did rooted pine chi gong. I am doing all this to try and bring more balance into my life and be a healthier person. I figure eating healthy, exercise and proper breathing a long with my 5 days a week of drinking a beer or two should help to bring about a healthier me. I am hoping to encourage others to be healthier and possibly create a network of people who have some good vegan recipes, some different ideas on yoga and chi gong and I am also trying to get Captain Planet back on the air. I just think it was a good show with a good message and when I was watching Ben Ten with my kids last week they were eluding  to the show. Today as I was taking my son to school I was seeing how much of the theme song I could remember and here is what I can think of. Captain Planet he's our hero going to cut pollution down to zero. He's our powers magnified and he's fighting on the planets side. Go Planet. I'll get you Captain Planet. We're the planeteers, you can be one too because saving the planet is up to you. That's about all I can remember because it has to be like 20 years or so since the show was on the air or I watched it. Well that's enough for my first post. Hope you enjoyed and stay healthy.
The first part of the first episode from someone on youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment