Wednesday, November 16, 2011

11/16/11 Day Two of Vegan Journey

Well yesterday I made it a full day eating nothing but vegan food. It was very difficult except when my wife made chocolate chip cookies that smelled so good but I resisted and had a frozen fruit bar. Today I continued my exercise regiment doing my favorite yoga poses and doing rooted pine qi gong, chi kung, or however you want to spell it. I was looking for chi gung videos to put on here but they don't have rooted pine at least no decent ones but if you want to learn how to do it Bob Cook teaches it at the Frackville Fitness Center on Tuesdays. Yesterday I had my fruit smoothie for breakfast, peanut butter and jelly with some almond milk for my mid morning snack, brussel sprouts with cashews, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce for afternoon snack, black bean and corn chowder for supper and a fruit bar for an evening snack. I will say that I am feeling really great after the first day and full of energy. I'll put some of the recipes down later in the page. Thanks for reading and stay healthy.
The recipe for the corn and black bean chowder is something like what follows.
4 oz. corn
16 oz. black beans
2 cups soy milk
4 cups water
1 bag boiling bag brown rice
16 oz. tomatoes with chilies
Cook rice to package instructions then put everything into a pot and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes and enjoy. I personally would use a little less liquid but my wife made this and it is still pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment